It’s time for Thankful Thursday! I know it helps me overcome the weekly weight of the things that bring me down to focus on the things that make me thankful. It doesn’t mean I don’t feel aggravated, sad, mad, impatient and all the other things that raise my blood pressure or make me cry, but it is an intentional effort to name the blessings. It’s a reminder that even when it’s bad, there’s good to be found. Even when it’s dark, there’s light shining. I challenge you to do the same, even if it’s just one thing. Be sure to leave a comment with your EGR’s and your blessings. It serves as a way we can pray for each other too. Bonus!
Extra Grace Required’s for this week:
- Discussions with people I really, really disagree with
- Medical billing personnel
- My children’s bedrooms (it is SO bad)
- My scale and the reality it shouts at me
I’m Thankful for:
- Anonymous friend who sent a beautiful pink bouquet to lift my spirits. I don’t know who you are, but you brightened my day and reassured me that someone still thinks about me and cares that I still struggle.
- The guy at the grocery store who patiently educated me on all of the seafood in the case (see EGR re: my scale)
- A son who is still excited to see me in his classroom. I know this time is limited, so I’m beyond grateful for these moments. Hugs in public, giant beaming smiles when he sees me at school and zero embarrassment when he proudly hands me his handmade, GIANT valentine in front of all his friends.
- Sarcasm and quick wit. People who handle adversity with humor make me so happy. I appreciate their important gift so much!
- Warmer temps. It’s supposed to be in the 60’s this weekend! Happy, happy, joy, joy!
Now take a minute and think about your list. Tell me what’s keeping you down and share your thankful list. I feel like I’m talking to the wall unless you play along. Help me out?
Did you know you can get Extra Grace Required in your inbox so you can read it when it’s convenient for you and not miss a single post? It’s easy – Subscribe HERE