I promise I’m not all grief, all the time. I actually smile and laugh a lot! That doesn’t mean I’m not grieving, but I experience joy in the midst of it all. In fact, I wonder if grief ever actually ends or if it just evolves? Or maybe it becomes part of who you are and you just get used to it? I guess you’ll have to stay with me to find out. Anyway, I digress. I thought it would be fun and necessary to take a break from talking about grief all the time. Maybe you’d like to get to know more about who I am? Here’s a list of things you may not know me:
- I spent my early childhood living on a hog farm in the Midwest
- I am a Chicago Bears fan and I get ridiculous about college hoops. You may find me too much during March Madness
- I am the oldest of three
- I went to a United Church of Christ church when I was young, was confirmed Methodist and now I’m Lutheran. Denomination, schmenomination – one God, one church
- I became a single Mom when I was 23, met he love of my life about seven years later. He was worth the wait.
- I watch too much bad TV (Teen Mom OG, Teen Mom 2, Real Housewives of OC and NJ, Presidential debates, 90-Day Fiance, etc. and I stay up way too late. I also adore documentaries, so I’m balanced, it’s all good
- I’ve had a celebrity crush on Rob Lowe since I was a pre-teen
- Jodi also loved Chachi – but that’s just beyond embarrassing now on so many levels
- I spent several years entering country singing competitions when I was in my early 20s
- I’m a terrible housekeeper and an expert procrastinator
- I’ve met Garth Brooks twice, Vince Gill once and drove Tammy Faye Bakker to the dentist (true story!)
- I sang the National Anthem before Robbie Knievel jumped something with his motorcycle (Evel Knievel’s son – yes, I’m old…stop it)
- I could watch School of Rock one million times and never grow tired of it
- I talk to my Grandpa on the phone every day
- Jim Gaffigan makes me laugh so hard I can’t breathe
- I’m obsessed with Chip & Joanna Gaines (in a totally normal person way)
- I love old people and preschoolers
- I love the Caribbean so much – it’s my happy place. Haiti has a special place in my heart
- I’m a coffee and Diet Coke addict. Yes, I know it’s bad
- I always wanted to be an Olympic swimmer
- My writing Sheroes are Glennon Doyle Melton, Jen Hatmaker and Brene Brown
- My personality type is ENFP-T, whatever that means
- Bitmoji and Gifs are sarcastic girl heaven – I love them!
- My feet are huge
See? I’m more than grief. I’m way more than grief. I hope today you find a minute to escape it too. Sometimes we need a minute away from it, am I right? And that’s ok. This is our time for rediscovering who we are. Do you remember who you are and what you enjoy doing? Share some things about you in the comments below. Catch ya later, friends. Go tackle this day – I’m rooting for you!
There’s still time to enter the jewelry giveaway. Enter Here!